Top 10 Reasons to Work
with a Travel Agent
We recently had a lively debate on the merits of using a live travel agent to book your vacation versus going it alone on the Internet. Here are some of the reasons to consider using a personal travel consultant:
1. You’ve Googled “Disney vacation,” and come up with 15.3 million responses. Need a little help editing those choices?
2. Remember when you used that well known website to book your hotel, and when you got there you spent your beach vacation overlooking a parking lot?
3. How many hours were you on hold with the airline when your flight was canceled because of a snowstorm?
4. Did you really mean to spend your honeymoon at that resort whose one tiny pool was filled all day with 27 screaming children?
5. Who knew that when you booked that “villa” in Tuscany, it would be a small room with a kitchenette and no air conditioning? Funny, it looked much better on your computer screen.
6. No one explained to you that, in July, it’s winter in Rio, so you showed up there with nothing but five Hawaiian shirts and three pairs of swimming trunks.
7. How about the time you really needed a restful vacation but you ended up in New Orleans during Mardi Gras and someone threw up on your shoes?
8. Yes, I guess that hotel must have used a telephoto lens when they took a picture of those guest rooms that you saw on their website.
9. I suppose contacting the Attorney General to resolve the fact that the Internet site you used has billed your credit card three times instead of once is the only route to take at this point.
10. It was definitely odd that there were no cab drivers at the airport at 3 o’clock in the morning when you finally landed in Costa Rica. Booking a transfer to your very remote hotel would have been a good thing to remember when you purchased your airline ticket and hotel online.